Fresh Fest LIVE Planted Aquarium Event!
MARCH 25TH, 2017
WEST 6TH BREWING -Lexington, KY
Hosted by FOOD CHAIN LEXINGTON
Doors Open at 8:30AM
Featuring Dustin of Dustin’s Fish Tanks with Guest Speaker Robert Lupton from FLIP Aquatics
501 W 6th St #100 -Lexington, KY westsixth.com – (859) 705-0915
It’s about that time again. It’s time for another LIVE Fishtank Tank People Event!
Yes. I have done these in the past and people loved them. Frankly I spend much more time talking to a camera than with actual Fish Tank People!
Here is the deal. I am pleased to be hosting a “Fish Tank People Meet up” March 25th at the always awesome West 6th Brewery here in Lexington. Yes- My plant pals at FOOD CHAIN LEXINGTON have agreed to open their doors for us and let me tank out their place.
Here is the agenda.
8:30am- Doors Open
8:30- 9. Hang out, Drink Coffee, talk with your Fellow Fishtank People
9-9:30 Quick individual introductions. “Hello my name is John and I have a Fishtank Problem. I have 5 tanks… I keeps Angels, discus etc.”
9:30 -10:15 “Planted Tank 101” Speaker- Me- Dustin.
- Basic equipment, Lighting, Substrate, Filtration,
- Special Lighting Section (Dropping Science!)
- How to grow aquarium plants
10:30- 11:15 Top 20 Species of Plants.
- Think of this like Species Sunday on Steroids. I’ll be passing around plants.
- Caring needs for each plant, lighting, substrate, water types
- Q and A
Guest Speaker… Robert Lupton from FLIP Aquatics. “How to keep freshwater shrimp”
12-1 BREAK FOR LUNCH
1pm 2pm Tour of Food Chain. with Becca Self! Aquaponics on Steroids!
2-3 Show and Tell
- Attendees Talk about their tanks
- Show images, talk tanks together
- Slide shows are encouraged
3-3:30 Round Table.
- Break out into groups for specific Topics. Rob will be leading one on SHRIMP
- Dustin’s about Aquascaping Hardscape, Look at YOUR TANKS
3:30-4:30 Aquascaping DEMO.
- Talking Hardscape Design.
- Soft Scape
- Foreground Back
- Fish Selection
4:30-5:00 Door Prize Winners, closing remarks
5. Party over. Go Eat Dinner somewhere together
More details to come!
Admission is only $10 with prepay- $20 at the door. (Hey- I got pay for the place some how. Food Chain is a killer non-profit and worth the money!)
Yes- I will have all kinds of INSANE- Plants, Driftwood (monsters that I can’t ship) Shrimp, Snails and a whole lot more!