• Highest porosity and largest useable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all
filtration media available anywhere
• Provides huge amounts of aerobic and anaerobic surface area for efficient
• Provides over 71,000 square feet (6,596 square meters) of surface area per liter of
medium. One brick has about 100,000 square feet of useable surface area for bacterial
• When properly colonized, and used as directed, it will reduce toxic ammonia and
nitrites to near zero in ponds and all aquariums, marine or fresh.
• Also reduces phosphate significantly and dissolved organics.
• Works excellently as the only filtration medium for the aquarium or pond or may be
employed in addition to other filtration media.
• Doped with Aragonite to buffer pH at the bacteria level, preventing acid buildup which
eventually would kill the bacteria and reduce capacity. (Which is what happens in