• Highest porosity and largest useable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all
filtration media available anywhere!
• Provides huge amounts of anaerobic surface area for efficient bacterial
colonization for denitrification, along with sulfur doping to act as an electron donor
to accelerate the process in freshwater, pond or marine applications.
• Provides over 71,000 square feet (6,596 square meters) of surface area per liter of
medium. One plate has about 125,000 square feet of useable surface area for
• Also reduces phosphate significantly and dissolved organics.
• So porous that it wicks water and stays wet for days when drained, allowing
bacteria to remain viable after an equipment failure and ready for the repair.
• Doped with Aragonite to buffer pH at bacteria level, preventing acid buildup which
eventually would kill the bacteria and reduce capacity (which is what happens in