FlorinVolcanit Rio Escuro
Fired Volcanic Ash Base Substrate, Black
Available in ~1 (Extra Fine), ~3 (Fine) and ~5 (Medium) and in 5, 15 and 25lbs resealable bags.
- Natural volcanic ash with beneficial properties for aquatic plant growth and long-term
care of fishes and motile invertebrates requiring slightly-acidic, low-GH water conditions.
- Ideal for use as a substrate in shrimp biotope aquaria.
- Binds elements that contribute to hardness, lowering GH and resulting in a slight
acidification of alkaline water to a pH of less than 7.
- Used as a primary substrate, forms the basis of a stable growth medium for rooted
aquatic plants by:
1. Permitting development of strong root systems.
2. Encouraging nutrient-uptake through roots via increased interstitial water circulation
(relative to higher-density substrata) and acidic pH environment.
3. Allowing roots to remain sufficiently oxygenated to maintain plant health.
[Total: 34 Average: 3.5/5] You must sign in to vote